Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Oh, Atlanta...

I thought you Kannon boys might appreciate the allusion above :)

Well, after last weekend's interview, I'm pretty much sold on teaching for Berean Baptist. They are the kind of people that know how to have fun and are very transparent, but are also concerned that their teachers keep up their skills and be the best they can be.
In some ways I feel like being there would stretch me a lot. I'm not used to being pushed like that. I've felt like I have been stagnating for the last three years as far as my own skills. Growing as a teacher, yes, but losing a lot of the ability I had. In some ways this is just the "pain" I need to get me going. :)
Another thing that excites me about teaching there is the opportunity to get better at guitar. I would be the only guitar teacher there, and Pastor McCoy says he gets many requests for guitar lessons. It may even end up that I am teaching more guitar than piano. That would be fun. :) I have really enjoyed learning more guitar in the last few months...I've been working through a Christopher Parkening method book.
We'll have to see what happens with Jeff's job. It is not certain if he would be hired directly by the company or work as a contractor for his brother (for the company.) It will depend on what opens up.
We're looking at houses already. With the bump up in income we'd probably be able to afford a bigger house, which is exciting. :)
Emily

No comments: