Friday, July 21, 2006

Old ancestral pics

I thought some of you would like to see these. I don't know if you can download them from the site...? Let me know if you want a high-quality copy and I'll email them.




Robert Brownfield Dinkins, Grandpa's father, who had a glass eye. Notice he's turned so it doesn't show. His wife, Mattie Doby Dinkins, who died young (Gpa was only 5). The little boy is Gpa's older brother who died very young of a fever. The baby is Gpa's older sister, Leila, "Sis." Grandpa was not born yet.

Robert Brownfield was the man who built our old house (that burned), with the help of a former slave, Simon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Unknown said...

Hello, I am researching the ancestors and family of Robert Brownfield Dinkins and would like to ask permission to use photos from your page. And, help in identifying the other photos.

Thank you,
Verna Dinkins
vernai@hotmail.com