Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Another update from Guam

Thank you for all your prayers for me.
I'm going to try to get my passport soon and I'd like to come
visit Dayton and Erin this Christmas--now that I'm on this side of
the world now :)

I have about 30 students in each of my 5 classes, so 150 total.
I teach two 10th gr. Biology classes, one 8th grade earth science
class, and one 9th grade and one 11th grade computer class. Most of
the students I have(natives--Chomoro, and those from Korea, Japan,
and the Phillipines) are serious, studious, and well-behaved.

For my computer class I have no textbook or curriculum, so any
spare time I have, I'm spending on that. The Biology and earth
science both have books, so it's easier to make lesson plans for
them. With the computer class, I have show them how to do things and
try to think of projects for them to do.

On Friday or Saturday, I usually go out to eat with a group of
teachers--this past Friday we went to the Top of the Mar, a
restaurant on the top of a hill, which has a nice view of part of the
island.

One of the teachers loaned me his car so I could go to K-Mart and
PayLess grocery store and I saw several teachers and members from our
church:)--it's a small island!

As far as Jet lag, I slept 4 hours, was awake for 4 hours, slept 4
more hours and repeated this for 2 days, and by the 3rd day, I was
sleeping from 11 pm until 5AM, and by the 5th day, 10PM to 7AM, which
is regular for me.

Ginger was suprized by the suddeness of my move, but is okay with
it. We went out to eat with a group of teachers, but we haven't had
much time to talk, as I'm so busy with school duties and lesson
plans. Hopefully later:)

Thank you for your prayers,
Charles

3 comments:

Erin said...

Come on over!!! We'd love to have you!

Laura said...

Chuck,
Can't believe you have so many students! That's about how many I had per class in public school when I taught English (guess I just thought your school was smaller)-however, yours are better behaved, so that's a huge plus! So sorry that you don't have anything to go by for your computer class. We'll definitely be praying for you! :-)
Love,
Laura, Will, and Ella

Emily said...

Thanks!
Chuck