Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Get-to-Know-You (Better)

Okay, here's a few questions to get you started:

1. Brief job description/update?
2. What do you (or you and your spouse) do in your free time?
3. (For Valentine's Day): What is the most romantic thing you've ever done as a couple, or that your spouse has ever done for you?

I'll start:

1. Child wrangling :) I teach private lessons at home, teach for an ex-classmate, Nathan Arnold, at his studio (dmusicstudios.com), and teach one very long day at Tabernacle Christian School (8-7). I like that the best, because I have one student after the other. I have Tuesdays off except for two lessons in the evening. It's a nice schedule that allows me some down time as well as very busy days.

2. We both like to read "Christian" books about theology or Christian walk. We like to go hiking occasionally, and a lot of the time we just like hanging out around the house and making each other laugh. :) We are both complete goons. It took us a while to appreciate the other's sense of humor, but we have a lot of fun with it now! I like to sew in my free time and I enjoy working out. Right now Jeff is working on making our attic into a loft room. He's already cut the hole for the window and will put that in later this week.

3. Most romantic...this is going to sound strange but the thing that helped our "romantic life" the most was completely practical. We started having weekly meetings on Sunday afternoons and just planning and updating each other on life. We report on our week, how it went, how much we got done or didn't get done, check up on our budget, devotions, personal responsibilities, and do some dreaming for the future. Okay, let's hear some mushy stuff from the rest of you! :)

6 comments:

Laura said...

Em, I just viewed your piano studio website-WOW! It is so impressive-I'd want to take lessons from you. :-) Very nice pic of you too-who took that? You can tell Jeffrey he did an outstanding job!

Emily said...

Hey thanks!! I'll tell Jeff you like it. :) Jeff took the picture, and then photoshopped it a little. It's still not perfect (the site) but I'm glad it's finally up at least. :)

Anonymous said...

LQK is in the house! I like your blogging what is your piano website again? love yall, LKQ

Emily said...

i think the site is perfect-honestly very professional and all-you look like a model in that pic-a classy model though. :-)

Emily said...

laurance-there is a link to the piano site on the blog page.

Emily said...

Hey Laurance! Good to hear from you. :) Em