Friday, November 10, 2006

more fall pics

It was a beautiful day and I got some good pictures right there in the yard...with my little PowerShot A95. The right lighting can do wonders. :)
I meant to take some pics of Jeff's and my trip yesterday to Stone Mtn, but the batteries were dead--that's what I get for not checking before we left! We had a great anniversary, hiking up to the top and then poking around in shops. There is a glassblowing place at Stone Mtn. where you can watch them work. After leaving the park we ambled around in a furniture warehouse (getting some ideas for our house). Then we went for a chat with the realtor at Chandler Bluff...and wound up having dinner at the Lil' River Grill. I had salmon, steamed asparagus, and goat cheese mashed potatoes. It was very good and a great romantic atmosphere. All in all it was a nice anniversary and I'm thankful that Jeff could get off work and we had such great weather! Thanks to Jeff's Turner rewards, we got a discount on Stone Mtn. and on dinner, so all in all it's probably the least expensive anniversary we've ever had...but also one of the most enjoyable. :) That's four years we've been together. I have learned a lot in those four years, and I am more thankful now for my sweet husband than when we were first married!









6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What great shots: you are quite the photographer. Happy Anniversary: 4 years! You and Jeff are a great match. Love you!
Lizardbreath

Laura said...

Sorry I missed it! Bad Laura! Well, Happy Late Anniversary, anyway. Glad y'all had such a good time. And the pics are great-maybe I should get that camera...we've been thinking about getting another one.

Emily said...

Thanks y'all :) Lots of times I still feel too immature to be married! Jeff is a sweetie and puts up with my silliness!
I like my little camera. It doesn't do macro shots or anything, and the lighting really has to be just right, but it gets good color and clarity.

Elizabeth said...

Here is what I know about my camera: point, shoot, and print...
My sweetie picked out all the other details after I dropped my last camera into the pool at work: actually it hit the cement then the water...

Emily said...

Yeah...Jeff picked out mine too...men are good at that nerdy technical stuff :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Happy Anniversary! Wow, four years already! It goes fast! Glad you had a wonderful anniversary. The pictures are beautiful! I love fall pictures.

About cameras, be glad you have one! I use my son's $20 digital camera! oh well, one day I hopefully will own a real digital camera.

Letisha