Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Someday my little prince will come

This Thursday I will be at 37 weeks and technically full-term! If the baby comes this week he's not considered premature. I'm hoping he doesn't decide to surprise us, since my paperwork is still enroute from my current care to my midwife. It's taking so long because the ultrasound was done by another practice, who had to send their records to my current care, who take 7-10 business days to process records. I'll feel much better when I know everything has gone through!

Soon, soon, my little prince will come. It will just take him a lot of time afterward to become verbal, do anything for himself besides drool, charm anyone with something other than spit-up, and it will be a long, long time before he looks good in tights. But that's fine, because I believe the spell works so that I'll fall in love at first sight anyway.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so excited for you!

I can hardly wait!

Elizabeth said...

You know me, I'm a sucker for infants in tights! A colorful pair with pointy shoes and a crown would do the trick (and scare Jeffery to death) hehehe
By the way, I'm fairly certain the spell has already taken hold of you both...
Love you!

Emily said...

Do footies count as tights? :) Actually I did receive a pair of baby jester shoes with jingles on the ends! But oh wait, he's supposed to be a prince, not a clown...though if he takes after his dad he may have a little of that too :D

Anonymous said...

What a tender, sweet post! I am kind of hoping he comes earlier than later so we can meet him!!

rcsnickers said...

It does make the last weeks longer when you have close ones who delivered their babies early (37wks). I cannot believe you are 37wks already! You will be holding your little Prince before you know. Very sweet post!

Letisha

Laura said...

awww...and I bet he'll look so adorable in tights. :-)

so glad you're not going early!

love you abd praying for y'all!

Nene said...

It will definitely be love at first sight!!