Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Saga continues

Wellll, little Benjamin's heart appears to be fine. I had the special ultrasound done yesterday where they were able to look at the heart. The extra beat is still there, but they can see no abnormalities in the structure of the heart or the blood flow. The nurse was super nice and explained everything I was seeing...and I got a couple of good looks at his face where even I could tell it was a face! I have a hard time seeing anything other than a blob. He has chubby little cheeks and poochy lips, and a flat squished little nose. He weighs 5.5 lbs right now, which is, surprise, surprise, almost exactly average. He's been average every time they've measured...just an average little guy :)

In the unlikely case that there was something wrong with his heart we were going to plan on staying here for the birth, but now we can continue as planned with the midwife.

Glad everything's okay and can't wait to meet him!

And a pregnancy note...the hand swelling everyone talks about started (though it's mild) this week. When I leave my hands down by my sides too long they puff up. At night I have a hard time getting my ring off. Ah well. If this is the worst I have to endure! :)

Monday night the sweet ladies at church gave me a shower. They were so generous and got us our travel system (stroller/carseat/base) among other things. God is so good to us!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Emmie-so glad you posted-was planning on calling you soon to find out about the ultrasound. Praise God that Little Benji's heart is okay!!! And SO GLAD y'all can use Amy-you'll have a wonderful birth.

Love you, chickie!
P.S. I'm so glad to finally have internet again!!! Just got it today.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so happy about the ultrasound! Also glad you have two good plans for birth. God will lead you in the right direction.
So, playing the piano should help with that swelling huh? Or it may make playing harder...hmm.
When was your last belly shot? Its getting close! You're all in my prayers. Love you!

rcsnickers said...

I have been meaning to ask if your due date is the 8th or the 18th? I have the 8th marked but thought maybe I am getting dates mixed with another friend due that time!

Swelling in your hands? No swelling in the ankles? I personally would rather swell in the hands than my legs/ankles. OH I hate that. It sure is hot and probably causing you to swell.

Glad his heart is okay and you can continue with Amy for the birth. Cannot believe how close you are getting to delivery. Wonder if you will go early.

Oh yeah, my SIL is due on the 28th of Sept and her baby weighs 4lbs... so Benjamin seems like he will be a good birth weight. What did your brothers weigh at birth? Or you and Jeff?

Lots of question... just call me Miss Chatty tonight. I will quit for now.

Letisha

Emily said...

The due date is the 6th...but I have a feeling he is going to be late! Just a feeling!
Haven't noticed the swelling much in the ankles (fingers crossed!) I'm not on my feet all day, though, which probably helps a lot.
I'm not sure what I weighed. Good question...I should ask. Jeff weighed around 7 lbs. My mom was worried we would have a big baby because Jeff is so big, but I guess no worries there. I don't think any of us (Kannon sibs) were over 8 1/2 pounds.
Elizabeth...I'll see if I can get another belly shot! Laura, so glad you're back online again :)

Erin said...

What!?! You can still wear your wedding ring! I could never wear mine past 6mo! (And it's still not on yet, come to think of it!)

What a praise about the baby's heart. And a great weight. I've read that the birth weight is usually an average of the parents' birth weights. And even if your baby is bigger, you can still birth him!

Nene said...

I'm so glad little Benjamin's heart looks fine! He's going to be here before you know it. Also, happy to hear you've found a midwife you're comfortable with! That's so important!!