Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Twins are Here!

I'm looking forward to hearing the whole scoop from Erin when she's able, but as of now I know the twins were born around midnight last night (10:33 and 10:41 a.m. on the 18th Thailand time)! Both were vertex so she was able to have the home birth she wanted. Dayton caught. The babies were 6 lbs. 8 oz. and 6 lbs. 14 oz. Their names are Shira Faith and Miriam Joy. There are beautiful stories behind the names but I'll let Erin explain. I can't wait to see pictures but we'll just have to be patient! :D

2 comments:

rcsnickers said...

Wonderful news huh? God's blessing and gift! Just think, you are next!!!!! I saw that you are meeting with Laura's midwife and I think that is a great decision! Long 2 hr drive but you can do it. Worth it for an excellent midwife and the birth you want!

Letisha

Emily said...

Thanks for the affirmation, I do appreciate it!! I know there's the chance I'll have a "Kimberly" labor, but if so we'll have a backup plan. It's an hour plus to any other hospitals here in GA, so if we change, why not to someone who's exactly what we want? That's our reasoning anyway.

I am so proud of Erin and grateful to God for a safe and uneventful birth. She is a strong woman!!