Monday, October 15, 2007

Update on the lil' buddy & prayer request

He's gaining weight...last Thursday he was weighed and was 9 lbs, 9.5 oz. He's outgrowing his newborn diapers already and adding to his double chin :)

He's also colicky. He'll scream for a long time with gas, and when he finally gets it out, often falls asleep...just to wake up again in a half hour with gas again. It's nice that one of us (me) doesn't have to work in the mornings. If he's really fussy, I take him downstairs and rock and hold him until he quiets down...so Jeff can get a decent night's rest.
I start work next week. Yikes!

And a serious prayer request...please pray for one of my guitar students who was admitted to ICU last night. She had a bad headache and it worsened and affected her breathing until she needed to be on life support. Last I heard her condition was stabilizing but they still do not know what is causing this. She is one of my best students, diligent, smart and talented. Please pray for her today. She is heavy on my heart.

5 comments:

Mom25Munchkins said...

Sometimes with colic, it helps to place them belly-down on your knee and bounce. At least, my kids seemed to find some relief that way.

rcsnickers said...

The only thing that helped my SIL with her colic babies were to cut out dairy in her diet. Nothing else worked except that. I was very hard for her to do, but made the baby happy which makes Mom and Dad happy! Sorry he has colic!

Will pray for your student. Was it an anuerism? (sp?)

Letisha

Laura said...

Will pray for your student-so sorry to hear about that. And will be praying for you as well w/starting work next week and all. Love you, chickie!

Emily said...

Thanks for your prayers. She's doing better but will probably be in the hospital another week b/c of high blood pressure. They still don't know what's causing it.
Letisha, I cut out the dairy and he is much, much better! :)

rcsnickers said...

Checked back to see if you updated on your student. Glad is doing better. Hope they find the cause. Will continue to pray!