Thursday, October 02, 2008

More Crafty Stuff

I finished another pair of pjs. I embellished them with some bought ribbon and I think they turned out ok.
I made a mistake, though, in making them looser than the other pairs. I was thinking looser would mean more comfy, but I forgot that pants ride up when you're sleeping and then your legs get cold. They work fine for wearing around the house, though. Now I just need a brown shirt that matches.
So when do I find time for sewing...? We sneak into the craft room whenever Benjamin and I need a change of scenery. There are all sorts of fabric scraps, thread and bits of ribbon for him to play with. It's kind of perfect that we can both enjoy ourselves while I'm making stuff.


















Also finished a deep red scarf I've been working at for a while. It's very simple...just rows of half double crochet with fringe on the ends. I made a matching hat but it's a little small. Maybe I'll "frog" it (just learned that new term; it means rip out) and make a couple of red and white Christmasy hats for the pregnancy center.


No comments: