Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sick, but not morning sickness :)

Jeff got the stomach flu last weekend, and now I'm getting over it. The first day is the worst; absolute worst cramps I've had besides labor!! I spent Friday morning in the bathroom or on the floor in the bathroom with Benjamin laughing at silly mom with her moans and antics. Thankfully Jeff could take the day off and keep the little one occupied. After the first day, it's not bad, but neither do you feel great. I'm still not quite over it and thought it might be kind to keep the virus to myself instead of dispersing it among the church folks and the missionaries (we are ending a weeklong missions conference).

So, Jeff took Benjamin to church, all dressed up and adorable, and I'm at home. As a mom you're sometimes wishing you had some time to yourself; just a little bit! Now that I have it, I'm not sure what to do. The quiet sure is nice, though. I'm enjoying the crisp fall weather and the blue, blue sky outside my window with not a cloud in sight.

It was nice to see our friends Will and Alison last night, though I had to stay a respectful distance, crying "Unclean." They came to pick up the books and art that were staying over at our place until they could return from Scotland. It was funny; they ate in their car and we ate in the house. None of us wanted to risk Alison getting the virus, since she's due in another month and a half. Jeff and I were pretty disappointed, because we'd planned for them to spend the weekend here. Maybe another time. :) We're glad to have them back!

I'm off to get some guitar practice in, then get caught up on my Bible readings...

3 comments:

rcsnickers said...

Sorry for the stomach bug and misses good visit time with your friends! I know what you mean. I am clueless without kids but when I think about free time I have so much planned and yet miss them to much to do anything! Hope you enjoyed your quiet morning, crispy fall weather alone with God and a special baby in utero! :)

Emily said...

Thanks Letisha. Yeah, you invest so much in your kids, every second of every day, that they really do become your life, and you're lost without them!

Elizabeth said...

So sorry you've been sick! I agree you should keep that to yourself!!! Hope you had some good alone time, and get some rest! Love u!