Wednesday, October 01, 2008

First Birthday

Benjamin turned one September 23rd. We celebrated on Thursday, though because Tuesdays we get home late. Even so he was pretty sleepy the whole time. :) I made the cake (confession; from a mix) and Jeff and I decorated it. I really do think Jeff is more handy at cakedecorating than I am. He traced the "one" out for me and I filled it in with blue icing.

Yes, I chickened out and didn't let Benjamin "have at it." But I like the messy cake pictures so I smeared a little on his face!

We celebrated his bday early when we were at Jeff's mom's. He got a few new things...some cute clothes and a farm set that makes all kinds of animal sounds. He also got a talking playskool bus from his Omi and some winter clothes from my mom. I'm so excited that he's already ONE and taking off! Every day he learns something new.





2 comments:

kittyrat234 said...

Yay! Congratulations, Em. I hope that your second year with Benjamin is even more memorable and happy than the first one.

Emily said...

Thank you Julie! :)