Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Gross Scorpions

Here's a random post on scorpions. I never knew they existed here in the Southeast, but we've found over a dozen in our house since moving here. I found two this morning. Thankfully no one has been stung, because I hear the sting is more painful than a bee sting and leaves a bruise. Frodo likes to kill them, so most we've found were already dead. I don't know how he avoids the stinger. I'm scared Benjamin will find one and play with it, so every morning I check the entire downstairs floor to make sure.

About a month ago I was wiping the counter and suddenly realized there was a live scorpion on my washcloth. That made me scream. I can deal with spiders pretty well, but something about scorpions is just freaky gross. I flicked him off the washcloth and into the toilet and spent the next few minutes getting over the willies.

I'm glad the cats usually find them before we do!

3 comments:

Mom25Munchkins said...

Definitely points for getting a cat!:) If we ever move south, maybe I'll use that one on Bryan.:)
I like that my dog will eat bugs and spiders. Just point them out and she deals with them. Some people would say "gross" to that but I think "hey, that's pretty handy!"

Erin said...

I am soooo glad we didn't run into any of those this summer at your place!

joydriven said...

oh, that's just wrong. you're not even like a missionary or anything. ;)