Saturday, March 07, 2009

Belly Shot

This is at 26 weeks. Just three whole months left...it's hard to believe! I was just talking to Jeff about the difference between my first pregnancy and this one. It's not as exciting since it's not a first, but it's also not as stressful. At 25 weeks last pregnancy we were in the middle of turmoil about switching practices and wondering how all that would work out. It's a relief to have that all settled this time. I had my checkup with Amy on Thursday and all seems fine. No heart problems this time! I was a little worried about weight gain, since I've already gained 25 lbs. She thinks I most likely need to gain a little more than the standard 25-35 during pregnancy. We figured out I'm right on track if I gain a pound a week until delivery to be at the same weight I was at delivery before. I'm certainly not starving this little girl. It seems I'm always eating! I had no cravings first trimester, but they have hit just in the last couple weeks. Must be a growth spurt. :)

11 comments:

Erin said...

Cute belly! So happy that this pregnancy is a lot calmer for you :) Are you still nursing Benjamin? I just put my article about breastfeeding during pregnancy up on my blog. I really really wish I there to see the new baby when she comes!

rcsnickers said...

Such a cute belly!! You look great and glad everything is better this time!!

Emily said...

Erin, I was nursing up until two weeks ago. I wanted to wean him a few months before the new baby comes so he doesn't associate deprivation with the baby. But anyway, he had weaned himself down to just a night feeding. Jeff puts him to bed and he never asks for milk! I know every baby is different, and if I have a sickly or clingy baby next, I might nurse longer! Wish you could be here to see the new baby too. It's hard to wait a whole year again before you all visit!

Emily said...

LOL...not that your babies are sickly or clingy! It's just Benjamin has never been one to just settle and enjoy nursing, and he's so active he is easily distracted. It just seemed like it was time and he doesn't really miss it. All the same it was sad for me to stop. I'll miss the cuddling. :(

Mom25Munchkins said...

You look beautiful, Em!

Erin said...

Well I think it's great that he weaned so easily! Grace did the same at about 18/19 months. Never missed it. And she's my least cuddly one too!

Will said...

Only 3 more months - I can' wait! I'm so excited that we'll be in the country this time.

Will said...

that was Alison, by the way.

Emily said...

Hey Alison! Glad you all will be around this time. We'll be right there practically in your back yard!

Thanks Noelle :)

Erin...it is funny how their personalities play into it. Grace & Benjamin both seem pretty independent!

Elizabeth said...

So glad to see a picture! You look WONDERFUL! So glad this pregnancy is less stressful! Miss you cuz!

Laura said...

I think you're so tiny! But absolutely ADORABLE! Can't wait to meet her!