Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Weekend in Greenville

The weekend before last, we went to Gville to see some friends, visit with Jeff's mom, and of course see Laura, Will, and Ella. Here are some pictures:

Jeff and his mom. She's saying, "I'm glad someone can make me look small."













Laura wanted to learn to crochet. It took me about 10 minutes to impart my "vast" knowledge of crocheting...I can do the simplest pattern! We started on a baby scarf for Ella.















Willie brought me some grapes to munch on. Ella kept stealing them, preferring my grapes to her cut-in-half grapes. Laura kept telling her, "no, those are Aunt Emily's grapes." Finally she got the message and started stuffing them in my mouth! It was so cute.








Ella in her little pink shirt.










5 comments:

rcsnickers said...

Hey, I am impressed with anyone who can crochet! Good job! You will have to show us some of your work. Or maybe you can teach all of us! Glad you had a wonderful time visiting your family.

Letisha

Laura said...

Yes, that grape-stuffing was fun to watch! :-) Can you email me all those pics you took of Ella? Love the last one especially.

Emily said...

Sure! The pictures are on the way.

Letisha, don't be impressed! :) I learned from an online tutorial and my work is still "uneven" looking, though I did make a scarf I like. :)

Nene said...

I love all the pictures, especially the one of Ella feeding you grapes! So cute!

Just keep in mind, people don't care that your crochet is uneven...they care more that you took the time to crochet something especially for them (this is what I tell my mom - she likes to crochet) :) I tried to learn once from her...I need to try again. I would love to make a scarf! Everyone in my family would get a scarf for Christmas :)

Emily said...

You're right...handmade stuff is special. My gma used to crochet a baby blanket and a Christmas stocking for each new grandchild (then she got too many). Just so you don't overdo it! I learned that the hard way...it hurts your wrist. It can be relaxing if you do a little at a time...at least, I am told, Laura :D