Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wonderful Party, Pregnancy Brain

This past weekend was the highlight of this year (besides finding out about Kumquat). I say this reverently, but it was almost like heaven, where everyone you love is in one place enjoying each others' company! When I was little, I loved playing with Elizabeth when we visited Sumter in the summers. I liked it so much that when it was time to leave I told my mom that I wished Elizabeth and I could both die and go to heaven, so we could play with each other all the time! Fellowship with loving family and friends is a little taste of heaven, for sure.
I got to see Karanena, longtime friend from JH that I haven't seen for several years; my lovely sis-in-law Laura, HS best friend Abbie (and cousin-in-law?) and of course the wonderful, positive, caring friend that the whole party was about--Elizabeth. I'm so thankful for the time we had together growing up; Elizabeth helped me not be such a wimp, as we hurdled bushes, ran barefoot around the farm, rode Bucking Broncos and cleaned pigeon poop out of the barn, dressed up in crazy outfits, swung from vines, and ran breakneck speed on narrow mountain paths...I've never met anyone else with as much energy or zest for life as her! Everything's a party or an adventure when she's around. She can see the humor in absolutely everything (even riding to school with our heads smushed up against the back of the station wagon...I ride to school with Africans..) I'm so thankful for her! Abbie did a marvellous job planning her party. Everyone had a great time esp. me :) and playing modified Queen was a stroke of genius!
Now for the Pregnancy Brain part...in our rush to see Ma-Ma at the hospital in the morning, we forgot our camera! We went straight to the party afterward, with no camera. Thankfully I have friends who have more brain cells than I and will (hopefully) send me some pictures...pretty please? :)

4 comments:

Nene said...

It was so good to see you again, too! Wish I could have stayed longer! I can't believe I missed playing Queen!!

I love how a child's mind works...so simple and innocent! That's the sweetest thing (perhaps not the dying part :)) about going to heaven so you and Elizabeth could play together all the time! Being with Elizabeth is so much fun. So much energy and laughter!! I had the best time this past weekend!

By the way...the brain cells I lost during pregnancy have still not returned. Perhaps they return after all the children have left the nest (18 or so years from now??) Yikes :)

Elizabeth said...

I'm so honored, weep weep. I feel the same way about you. You are so special to me. You are creative, loving, fun, loyal, HILARIOUS, and such a godly woman. You always inspire me and have shaped my character so much.
I'd forgotten about the pigeon poop! I was quite the slave driver huh! But it was for the best clubhouse ever...
Maybe we'll live closer some day. If not, we'll have to have sleep overs at least twice a year. Oh what fun we'll have...
Thank you so much for driving so far and making my party wonderful!
Ma-Ma was so glad to see you as well. Love you!

Laura said...

I'll send you some pics via email, Chickee! :-)

Emily said...

Thanks for the pictures everyone! Karanena, please don't scare me like that with the absent brain cells...I had few enough before I was pregnant, and you're telling me this will be permanent?? :D
Elizabeth...how could you forget about the pigeon poop? My only regret is that we never actually spent the night up there like we talked about. :)