Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Settling In

With a lighter teaching schedule, I have had a little more time to get things straight. Last weekend was the second wkend we had since moving to actually devote our attention to "house stuff..." Of course, I'm home a lot more than Jeff, but I need him to move things & hang hardware. We're taking it one room at a time, but we got a lot done last weekend. Pictures below!!

Loft/study, where Jeff will spend a lot of his time working or reading. We're still waiting on his desk legs that are on backorder. I made the curtains...don't look too close. :) I want to add decorative fringe to the top part of the curtain that hangs over.














Guest room. We got this put together pretty early on. Jeff was busy so I did it all myself. Even used the power drill to put up the curtain hangers (which are a little off center...oops). That mirror was heavy!














Guest bathroom & simple curtains I made. They didn't make blinds that size.
















Living room. The couches, chair you saw in the loft, and coffee tables were Craig's List finds. We got the whole set for a great price, but the couches smell like curry! It's slowly fading with the help of daily doses of green tea spray. I haven't made curtains yet b/c can't decide on the color I want to go with.














Music room. It has no furniture except a shelf and the piano, but I got the idea of hanging the instruments on the wall. I'm looking for an antique-ish chair to put in there. These curtains were my first attempt. I like the loft curtains better, but this blood-red color is just amazing, and added some much-needed punch to the room.









Music room curtains.


















We painted the first coat on the nursery last weekend. I love it when the sun hits the room. :) I have a few ideas...the letters of his name painted with baby chicks, light blue curtains, yellow and blue rug, plus the baby furniture. Not too sure yet, but I'll figure it out as we go!

7 comments:

Laura said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! What a fabulous job you've done! You and Liz will be hired to make all our curtains! :-)

And love the loft chair and living room furniture (sorry about the smell though!) I'd suggest the pillow color for the curtains in that room-it would add a little zest!

Love the idea of hanging instruments on the wall in the music room. And what a great mirror in place of where the TV was to go. Great idea!

And you have trees outside your windows-how lovely!

Can't wait to visit-the guest room looks comfy and elegant!

Love you!!!

Laura said...

P.S. The nursery color looks soooo relaxing! Beautiful! And your ideas for the rest of it sound perfect!

Elizabeth said...

Quite the mistro, aren't you cuz. I'm so proud that I gave you your first sewing lesson. Your house is so gorgeous. I love the archetecture, the trees, the furniture, I even like curry...hehee.
Your guest room looks so relaxing and inviting: great job! Love the red curtains (my favorite too) and am glad you put the curtains in the bathroom: they look great. But where is the budda in the den? hahaha. Thanks for posting these. Amazing all you've gotten done being pregnant and still teaching. Great job!
PS: LOVE the nursery color and ideas. And ditto everything Laura said...

Erin said...

Wow, you really have an eye for decorating! And I was going to comment for the curtain color and Laura and Liz beat me to it... I totally agree.

Unknown said...

I agree... you are talented and a decor. Love all that you have done. Great job. I love the mirror in place of the tv. Can't wait to see the finished nursery.

(ditto what Laura and Liz stated too)

Letisha

Nene said...

You've been really busy! Everything is just beautiful...you are quite the decorator!! I love the color in the baby's room...so soft!

Emily said...

Thanks everybody for your encouragement! It's been fun putting things together. But seriously, don't look too closely at the curtain hems :) I got so sick of doing the red curtains, I hung them w/ the seams uneven, but Jeffrey convinced me to redo them :)

I like the idea of red curtains in the living room too, but it would have to be the same red as the music room...you can see in there from the living room. Which wouldn't be so bad, I suppose. I have a feeling tho it won't get done until the nursery's finished.