Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Three more months!

It's hard to believe. It's kind of crept up on me. I've been thinking pregnancy is the "new normal" but it's starting to dawn on me that this baby will be COMING OUT one of these days. (Hopefully not too soon!)

I've decided to change care from my current OB. It's a large clinic that was recommended to me by others I know, but I think they now have more patients than they can give attention to...the waiting room is always full. I hardly know any of my 5 OBs, and each time I go I meet another nurse. I just need more personal attention and need to feel less like a number instead of a person. Because I'm healthy, have no complications, and am not the pushy type, I think I'm just getting rushed through the system.

I think I will stay with the hospital I'm with (Gwinnett Hospital). Rooms are homelike, there's a jacuzzi in each room, and they say they are open to working with your individual birth plan. I take the maternity ward tour tomorrow, so that should give me a better idea.

I've also decided to hire a duola (labor companion). If I'm going to make it with a natural birth I'll need someone besides Jeff to be there with me. My mom willl most likely not be able to be there until after the birth (it would have to work out perfectly so that Aunt Mattie could fly down to care for Grandma). I found a wonderful duola service and they are going to allow me to phone interview a couple of them to decide who I click with. That is a huge weight off my mind, knowing I'll have a knowledgable and caring person there who will support me in my decisions.

So anyways... :) here is my latest belly shot, at 28 weeks. As I write this Benjamin's little hands are tickling my ribs!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness - you've really popped out there, my dear!! You look so cute!

rcsnickers said...

Doulas will help a lot!

Thanks for the belly picture. You look cute!

Letisha

Elizabeth said...

Finally, you get to wear maternity clothes! Abbie has been saving you all the ones she wore at the end too! I can't believe its only two more months: time has flown by! So glad Benjamin is tickling your ribs and not kicking the snot out of them (I've been hanging out with Jim alot lately) hehehe. Love you!

Nene said...

You look adorable...I just love belly pictures!

Emily said...

I got a call from Abbett just the other day! So good to hear from her. She's bequeathing her pregger clothes to me and says this is it for her...hm, I wonder if every mom thinks that right after giving birth? :)

Benj. is pretty good but he does have the habit of living on my right side. In fact I'm getting very light stretch marks just on that side.

And oops...actually it's 3 more months...have to count that 9th as a full month.

Erin said...

So glad to hear that you're making choices based on the info you have.

Doulas are fabulous (I say that maybe because I am one LOL!)

Can't wait to hear about the birth.

Erin

Mom25Munchkins said...

I think my mom should become a doula. Then she could market herself ;) as a Rent-a-Mom.:) She's been terrific for my 3 births. Of course, I never tried for natural.:) There's always the next one, I guess.:) and no, that's not an announcement.:)

Emily said...

Seriously, your mom would probably make a great duola, with her knowledge and experience. A lot of women out there don't even know duolas exist, and they go into birthing without a lot of support...the nurses might be great, but then again they can't stay with you the whole time! I bet she would be awesome at it.