Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cool Ministry Opportunity

I found a wonderful use for my somewhat pointless hobby, crocheting. Besides giving hats to everyone I know. :) And I do love doing that. I can actually help tip the scales toward an unwed mom keeping her baby. Our church has a knitting/crocheting ministry where we make baby booties or hats and give them to moms who come to the crisis pregnancy center for advice and help. Sometimes just seeing that little item helps them realize that there's a real, living baby in there with a cute face and tiny little head that needs a hat to keep it warm. Seeing that someone cares enough to make it a clothing item by hand might make a difference.

I've started making a baby hat every Sunday as Jeff drives us to church. I can usually finish it in the hour travel time to church and back.

It's humbling and wonderful that a small effort might make a big difference. And it's something I love doing. :)

Recent (gender neutral) hat for the center. I call it my "Boo" hat 'cuz it reminds me of the little girl's monster costume in Monsters Inc.


6 comments:

Mom25Munchkins said...

Cute-cute! and a terrific use! We give away little booties in the gift bag at the Center here too!:)

Erin said...

Awesome! Very cute design!

rcsnickers said...

That is excellent! Very cute!! :)

Elizabeth said...

Great way to use your talent! Next time we see eachother you'll have to remind me how to crochet. How cool is it that God uses our talents and doesn't ask us to do things we are incapable of! Love u!

Laura said...

What an awesome opportunity, Em. And love the green hat! I'm still enjoying my yellow one as well. :-)

Will said...

This is FABULOUS!!!! What a wonderful way to use your gifts.