Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ultrasound pics

This is another active one, at least judging by her behavior during the ultrasound! She's about 9 inches long from head to foot. I updated my baby ticker; you can see it at the foot of the page if you scroll all the way down.

I squealed once we got out of the doctor's office. I can't believe we're having a girl. Suspecting it is one thing, knowing for sure is another!

I don't know why it was any different from before, but this time around I could tell everything we were looking at. The face looked like a face, etc. Of course, the 3D is pretty clear. The technician said usually they look awful at this stage and the 3D doesn't turn out as well. (Not sure why they look bad...covered in vernix maybe?) Anyway, everything looks normal and healthy. We're so excited! Jeff's mom pulled out some pink outfits for us and it was pretty touching for Jeff and I both to see them and realize a little person is going to be wearing those. A little GIRL.


7 comments:

kittyrat234 said...

That's a great shot! Congratulations again. Bill Cosby once said that people with one child aren't parents. You will understand what that means once your second comes, but it will be the most wonderful, exhausting busyness that you have ever known. :)

Nicole said...

Emily,

I'm so excited for you! That is a really great picture of your baby. Congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

GIRL!!!!!!
I'm so EXCITED! I can't wait to teach her to play nicely with barbies and not cut their hair like her mommy! Whoo Hoo!
I KNOW you will be the best mom of both of your children! I love you and am so excited!
GIRL!!!!!!!

Emily said...

Thanks everyone! Yes, Elizabeth you guessed right! It still seems weird to me that we're having a girl but I'm getting used to the idea. Starting some pink-ish girl sewing projects should help too.
Hmm. That poor Barbie. I guess I was trying out a career as a hairdresser...and that was a NOPE. Maybe this little girl will be a bit more girly than I was. :)

Emily said...

Thanks everyone! Yes, Elizabeth you guessed right!!! It still seems weird to me that we're having a girl but I'm getting used to it.
As for the Barbies, I was trying out a career as a hairdresser...and that was a NOPE.

Laura said...

Well, I'm up late tonight-so much for my new resolution. :-)
But I'm glad I stopped by-your little girl is SOOOO precious! Love that little face! Isn't it amazing that's she's inside you growing right now? I am beyond thrilled for you-can't wait to meet her!

Just the other night, Ella said her 2T pajamas were getting too tight on her. "I'll give these doe/buck pajamas to Benjamin's sister," she said.
Love you!

rcsnickers said...

ah, I just love looking at your baby picture again! Just amazed you are having a little girl! They are so sweet and totally different from boys!!! :)