Thursday, January 22, 2009

Craft Phase Returns

Early pregnancy has not been good for my creative side. I have actually felt nauseated whenever I thought of crocheting. I'm not sure if it was the smell of the fisherman's wool I was using or what, but I really felt like I'd never crochet again and wouldn't miss it. Sewing...same thing. Just no inspiration.
But I picked up the hook and yarn last week and quickly made Benjamin a brown hat (just like the one in the photo on the right bar, only bigger). That was kind of fun so I started a throw from the leftover brown yarn. It should be nice draped across the bedroom easy chair.
Now I'm thinking about making a maternity skirt. I found this tutorial online: http://apatchworkworld.blogspot.com/2007/08/how-to-make-maternity-skirt.html but instead of cutting up a skirt I'll make a simple A-line and add the panel.
One of these days I'd like to start making a few baby girl things. Definitely a couple of hats and some of the easy T-shirt pants I made Benjamin, and maybe I'll get brave and try a dress.
I'll post pictures as I make some progress on these projects.

Benjamin is talking more and more and understands so much of what we say. His new phase is climbing (finally!). He was never a great climber but in the last week has conquered chairs, the cedar trunk barrier (rats!) and his sturdy cardboard box. He's getting good at the stairs, but knows not to go down "without Mommy." He's also in the yelling phase. He thinks loud shrieks are pretty funny. And, he's starting to help. He LOVES unloading the silverware from the dishwasher. It's a game to see how many spoons or forks he can fit in his hands at once. Then he insists on throwing them in the drawer (which he can barely reach) himself. I always save the silverware tray for him, even if he's napping, because he loves it so much! Now, if I could get him to love picking up his toys and books. :)

3 comments:

rcsnickers said...

that's a pretty cool pattern! Oh the climbing... what fun hearing the little words come out of their mouths. so cute!!

Erin said...

Yes we are in the "screamer" phase. One squeals, so the other tries to outdo it. Rats about the trunk! It'd be so neat to see them all together again 6mo later and babbling/talking!

Emily said...

Letisha...I love the cute mispronunciations! Somehow with those sweet piping voices, their way of saying it seems better!
Erin you're making me wish we could see you all again this summer. Ah well. :)