Friday, June 05, 2009

Baby update

Due date was Tuesday and still no baby. Everything seems fine though. She's still very active. Amy estimates she's not huge, smaller than Benjamin when he was born, so maybe about 7 pounds. I got some bloody show/mucous plug on Wednesday, but after doing some reading I'm realizing that doesn't mean labor is impending. It could be up to two weeks away. At least I know I'm dilated 2 cm and the cervix is favorable. If nothing happens by next weekend, I will try black and blue cohosh. Ideally it's best to wait until the baby decides to come on her own, but Amy can't deliver for me if I go past 42 weeks (trying not to think that far ahead!). I was really letting the waiting get to me earlier this week, but really the baby is only 3 days late, and there is no need to try anything extreme yet.
I took stock again of my labor supplies and washed Lydia's first outfit...it's so tiny! Can't wait to have a baby to put in it.

2 comments:

rcsnickers said...

I feel for you!! ((((((((((hugs)))))))))
Praying everyday that today is the day!!!! and that the Lord gives you patience as you wait for the day!

Emily said...

Thanks Letisha. I guess you do know what it's like :) It's tough waiting but I'm actually feeling better about it now the due date has come and gone.