Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas in Sumter

We had a great time with family, many which I haven't seen for a long time.

Grandma Dinkins holding up a gift















Mom and Dad--Dad was sick with a bad cold but came down for a while.
















Jeff with Mom
















Laurance and Jeff




















Mom and little Matthew--Ruth's youngest--in the parlor
















Laurance and I playing a duet.
















Elizabeth and little Matthew. He is such a ham!
















Aunt Frances and Laura, Ruth's oldest. She has the most beautiful red hair and is tall for her age!














Ruth, Aunt Frances, and mom getting food ready for the party.
















Laura and her beloved Aunt Elizabeth!















Kimberly, the cute mom-to-be, and Laurance

11 comments:

rcsnickers said...

Wonderful family! Looks like you all had a good time! Of course, the Kannon family always puts on a good show!

Oh I love Kimberly's haircut! Or it looks different somehow from the last time I saw her!

Letisha

Emily said...

Thanks Letisha! :) You're very observant--Kimberly's hair is different. She got it cut and had the highlights taken out. It's closer to her natural color now. I think it looks great!

Elizabeth said...

Nice pictures! Quite the photographer little cousin...
It was so good to see you again, and spend some time with you and Jeff. So sorry we didn't make it to Aunt Mae's though...
Thanks for posting these!

Laura said...

Love the pics-sorry we couldn't be there. So they did the Christmas party at Ma-Ma's?
Kimberly is beautiful-love her new haircut and she's already glowing!

By the way, love Jeff's beard!

Emily said...

It was too bad we didn't make it to Aunt Mae's. :( I didn't think about it again until it was too late.

The party was a drop-in at Ma-Ma's this year because it conflicted with a couple other parties and was going to be smaller. We had a pretty good showing, though.

Emily said...

I like Jeff's beard too! But oh how he hates to shave at all, even to trim the edges. I packed his razor myself to make sure he'd look nice for the party! :)

Elizabeth said...

Why didn't we get one of us??? Duh. Or one with Me, Abbie, and you??? Oh well, next year or the next...:-(

Emily said...

I know....I was kicking myself for not getting the three of us together! I guess I was having a blonde moment.

Hey, Jeff can photoshop some pictures together so it looks like we're standing together...or not... :)

Emily said...

To Liz: I thought you might be interested; I saw Ron Davis and his two kids at Sumter Christian on Sunday. Also said hi to Mr. Davis and Mr. Robinette. (Brought back fond memories of you making Jason wear a leash!) Ron's kids are adorable, one is a girl about 5, the other a "little Ron" with blonde hair who's about 3. I also talked to Kelly Davis and saw the Payne kids (remember Mr. Payne, 7th grade Bible). It was so strange sitting in that building again where we used to have chapel!

rcsnickers said...

Emily --

Would you mind if I printed a picture of Laurance & Kimberly and a picture of you and Jeff?

thanks,
Letisha

Emily said...

Sure, go right ahead! :)