Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Walk to Bethlehem

Two weeks before Christmas Jeff and I had the privilege to be in the church play. This is the second (or third?) year our church has done the "Walk To Bethlehem." They had full sets in three of the rooms plus a tent set up outside. There were real sheep and donkeys in Bethlehem, and some doves and chickens in the Jerusalem marketplace--they really went all out to make it look realistic. It was a great way to get people in from the community...we had hundreds of people come through! Jeff and I were Anna and Simeon having a conversation about the coming Messiah. Jeff was a great coach and helped me work on "older" mannerisms and voice. The makeup and hair dye helped a lot. We ended up doing our dialogue so many times for the groups coming through that it became easy! By the end of the week we had backaches from stooping over so long. It ran three days in all. It was a lot of fun!

Most of the pics didn't turn out b/c it was so dark...petting the nice dove....they sat there without moving so they looked stuffed.
















Me with my sewing basket and my bench. Stephanie was making me laugh. We got to go offstage after our thing, so we had a stash of candy and coke to help make the season bright.... :)










Wish I had a good picture of Jeff...none of them turned out well! I'm upstaging him but you can still see half of his face :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds wonderful-wish we could've seen it! And you look like a great Anna.

Emily said...

Thanks Laura :) It was my first real acting experience, and I was really scared at first! I couldn't even say my lines in front of Jeff at first, but I got over it and it ended up being fun. Definitely a stretching experience!

joydriven said...

goodness. and you've aged so gracefully.

Emily said...

To the last poster: I tried clicking on your link but it didn't work...so I'm mystified. Want to enlighten me? :)