Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's Official!

We finally heard back from the agent Thursday, and our offer on the house has been accepted! (They kept us waiting for nearly a month.) We went in that same night to sign the papers. The house will be built by the end of April. I'm very happy we have something definite nailed down...it will make the next few months easier.

Everyone was looking at me like "aren't you excited?" Thursday night, but I had a lot on my mind and was feeling sick, so the full impact of it hadn't struck me. But now it's starting to sink in, and honestly, it cannot come fast enough. SPACE closet space walking space breathing space dancing space!!

Us in a Carrington model that had already been built (this is the floorplan we're getting)


















Another shot of the Carrington front room. The door off to the right is a tiny parlor, perfect for a music room!

















Kitchen (though ours probably won't have the dark cabinets)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you guys! The house looks ver spacious!

Letisha

Elizabeth said...

LOVE the house! So excited for you! What beautiful moldings and finishes to choose from huh...
Piano Room! Do you have a piano? Ruth's piano room has violin prints in honor of BaBa: very special...
If you ever want me to come for a work weekend and help paint, sew, etc just call!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Letisha...we're very excited! :)
Liz...yes I have a piano! I can't wait to put it in that room and decorate as a music studio. Violin prints are a great idea. I didn't have a music room before so I'll need to start from square one decorating. I'd love to have you come over to sew....that would be so much fun! I'm planning to make all our curtains. We meet with the design lady Jan. 4 to pick out basic design elements (paint, flooring, etc.) You can choose two paint colors but they do the entire house in those colors. I'll probably paint our bedroom a diff. color. Used to hate colored walls but I'm coming around. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Emmie!!!! SO EXCITED FOR Y'ALL AND LOVE!!!! THE HOUSE!
Columns and everything-a beautiful foyer and stairs! Just lovely. You'll have LOTS of dancing space now. And I'll come up and help you do your first jig in it. :-)