Friday, December 29, 2006

Blog meme

Elizabeth sent me a get-to-know-you meme. Here goes:

My Childhood Ambition: To live surrounded by beauty

My Fondest Memory: childhood: Spending summers at Gma's in the country. I used to pack my suitcase four weeks ahead of time and count down the days. Adult: College days in Apt. #4 at BJ...we had the best parties and bum-around times together. (Laura, you remember!)

My Favourite Retreat: a quiet spot in the woods surrounded by the fragrance of pine needles and wildflowers

My Wildest Dream: Be a paid accompanist for a living, sing solo in my choral group, own a bed and breakfast in the country with a flower garden and a few chickens, do interior decorating for fun, renovate old houses

My Proudest Moment: My wedding...once I got over the stress...I was so proud to be Jeffrey's wife!

My Biggest Challenge: Grad school recital with a 30-pg. concerto to learn plus other pieces

My Alarm Clock is: not for my use, Jeff uses it to get up at 4:30, but I usually don't even hear it. I don't teach until 2 most days

My Perfect Day: Devos with a completely open heart toward God, go hiking, do a little shopping, sew something, or write some music, paint something--hmm, that probaby wouldn't fit in one day.

My First Job was: cleaning house for Aunt Mae; after that, working in the dining common in college

My Most Decadent Indulgence: my $600 guitar was an indulgence...but a useful one. I also love coffee with those International Delight flavored creamers. I just finished a bottle of Pumpkin Spice.

My Inspiration: old things, nature, shiny things, and saving money (Jeff told me to add the last one...okay, so he thinks I'm cheap. Well MAYBE I AM)

My New Years Resolution: To invest myself more in others, be more positive, more thankful, get better at guitar and become a better teacher

My Ideal Companion: My accepting, loving, funny Jeffrey who always thinks I'm adorable no matter how much of a dork I'm being, and my cuddly cat who also sleeps beside me at night

My Favourite Colour: kind of a orangy fall red

The Last Book I Read: Ted Hughes' "Poetry in the Making"

How many Books did I read in 2006: I actually keep track--18

My Ideal Home would be: all hardwood floors, lots of interesting nooks and angles, wraparound porch, lots of windows, and out in the country surrounded by trees and nature

I am Expert at: blundering, toe tricks, playing piano

My Funniest Joke: I love this one, it's all-purpose; just say "your mom...." and repeat the phrase you've just heard. For example: "Wow, this steak is so thick and juicy!" "Your mom is thick and juicy"

My Favourite Animal: Frodo, my soft furry cat. If you made something out of his fur it would be like cashmere, it's that soft. He's a great lap cat and does some cool tricks, like "cat goalie" and "find the treat under the rug"

My Favourite Breakfast: Eggs, sausage and pancakes...don't get it that often though

My Favourite Snack: salt and vinegar chips, or any chips or crackers. (I love salt; will probably have health problems later in life)

My Favourite NEW TV Show: Haven't watched TV in years. Don't really miss it.

My Couch: I don't have a couch....we gave our old one to the friends who bought our house. But my ideal couch is comfortable, light brown, and classic

Your Greatest Fear: Embarrassing myself in public

Your favourite Entertainer: Jeff. He can do any accent known to man, and also any 70's or "soul" moves known to man. Yes, it is scary seeing a 300-lb. male doing this!

Your Favourite Meat & Veggie: I love steak and corn

Worst Person in the World: People who are cruel to children

Okay, I tag Jeff, Erin, Chuck, and Dayton!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Like the new blog name and yes I do remember those wild and crazy times in Apt. 4. Those were the days...

Elizabeth said...

How sweet that you packed 4 weeks in advance! We had so much fun growing up together! Remember the meeting spot in the woods? its amazing we didn't get Lymes disease or some awful disease from lying down in the woods. (or bitten by something)
I took Laura for a walk in the woods and we stomped and sang "snakes snakes, go away!"

Loved your answers! 18 books, and the fact that you keep count, is amazing!

Emily said...

It is amazing we didn't get some disease...we used to run everywhere barefoot. And we'd play in the swampy woods full of copperheads! But we did have lots and lots of fun! :)

Laura, apartment days in college were the best! Do you remember the first time I came over--we were having a waltzing party after Artist Series!