Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Making music with the Michael O'Neal Singers

Just thought I'd post some pictures from our Christmas concert Dec. 4! I love singing with MOS, and I was even able to make it into the Chamber Singers! That has been challenging as well as fun. Michael is a highly qualified conductor who studied under Robert Shaw...he was also a noted soloist for many years. We have a 120-person choir of people of all ages from the Atlanta area. I love that Stephanie and I are in Chamber Singers together! We are going to be singing in Spoletto in Charleston in the spring. We'll begin working on Brahms' Liebeslieder, Op. 52, when choir starts back up again in January.

During rehearsal--me in the pink sweater














The church...it seats around 3,000 and has wonderful acoustics. When we stopped singing, the church rang for several moments afterward.

















Me n' Jeff after the concert!

















Stephanie and I.

















Jeff and Tim...our faithful supporters

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for my beautiful Emily and her lovely singing voice. :-)
Love the serious pose of Jeff while Tim seems to be on a serious work-related call.

Elizabeth said...

LOVE the pictures! What a beautiful church: Altanta agrees with you? You and your sister in law seem like good friends: kinda like me and Abbie huh? I can't imagine living with her though...
You're a better woman than I am...and younger too hehehe. Thanks for posting the pictures. I'd love to see you when you go to Charleston.

Emily said...

I think Tim was listening to voice mail there :)
I love Atlanta! I feel like I can breathe here...more opportunities to grow and develop as as musician and as a person...our church is awesome and the people are so friendly. Stephanie and I get along great...we share a lot of interests. I won't say it's not hard at times sharing living space but it's just for a short time...we'll all survive! Meantime it's been fun getting to know each other better.

Anonymous said...

wow-didn't know you loved Atlanta that much but I'm happy for you. I can definitely see how it would present more music/work opportunities. Any word yet on the house?

Anonymous said...

Yes! I'll tell all in my next entry. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's me...sorry...this betablogger thing has me wigged out!