Monday, January 15, 2007

Big House for a Rice Baby

Actually now I think he is a lentil baby. :)
We went by the Carrington model again and took a few more pictures...and window measurements so I can start working on curtains (nothing like privacy when you move in!) I especially like the coat room, which will become the cat room! And I have a PANTRY...ah.
Here are the pictures:

Music room--small but cozy. It's the first room on the left as you enter, so it would be perfect for teaching at home if I ever decide to do that.
















Dining room. We're going to paint the two walls red. The entire house is very white as you can see...the only paint choices we get with the house are shades of white, so we're going to add a little color ourselves here and there.

















Pantry and coat closet.




































Living room, complete with "altars." Note the side altars for small statues of Buddha and the large square altar for a TV. :D I don't know why, but every single house we looked at had these. We'll use them for books or maybe a vase of flowers....or art...



















Kitchen, though ours is lighter in color: light countertops, lighter cabinets, but darker floor (chocolate brown)


















Guest room downstairs. Y'all come see us!! We intend to use our guest room as much as we can.

















Guest bathroom. Sorry, no tub! I thought this was a drawback, but then my sis-in-law Kimberly told me she would never take a bath in someone else's tub. So, I guess it's staying as is.






















Master bedroom. I love the sitting nook! I had the idea of sectioning it off with sheer curtains, so it's like a private reading nook. We'll need some chairs or a bench there. Maybe I'll follow Elizabeth's lead and do some consignment shopping.


















Master bath (unfinished here) The tub is a pretty good size, but alas Jeffrey still does not fit. It's his dream to have a nice big tub where his legs aren't cramped! (Hmm...maybe we can get a baptismal for cheap somewhere)
















So that's the tour. It looks like they've started building. We went by the other day and they had leveled out the mountain on the lot and marked where drains and buried cable would go. They told us they could easily make the April 30th deadline. We're excited and feel so blessed to have found a nice community with some trees (if you've been in the Atlanta area, you realize how rare this is!) and very close to a state park. We feel so blessed that God led us to this community and can't wait to move in!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So glad that rice baby is now lentil baby! Shady is going to be so happy in your new home. Can you find the houseplans on the internet? I'd love to see them, and the pictures: where are they? Love ya!
Lizard

Emily said...

"Shady"--how do you think these up? :D The house plans are on the internet somewhere, but I'll have to look.They're not on the development's site for some reason...we dug around and found them but I don't remember where.
Hadn't quite got the pics up. They're coming!

rcsnickers said...

Thanksfor the future house tour... really nice! I especially think your master bathroom makes for an incredible waterbirth/homebirth room! If you are interested a friend who lives in NW Atlanta has had 3 homebirths gave me these links for local midwives in your area. I know you met with someone and she may be one on the list.

"The practice I went with is located
North-West of Atlanta and extends all the way up to Tennessee"
(Chattanooga) . Their website is:
http://www.birthing right.com/ Homebirth% 20-%20Tennessee, %20Georgia. html

There's another lady North-East of Atlanta, her website is:
http://gamidwife. com/

Here's another NW of Atlanta: http://www.birthing way.com/

Here's one in TN who will come down to NW Atlanta:
http://www.birthwel lness.com/

Hope that helps..
Letisha

Laura said...

Emmie dear-thank you for the beautiful tour of your house. I thought the same thing as Letisha-that tub would be great for a waterbirth. :-) Or would just be so relaxing and big enough for you as you expand to take some good, long soaks!
Your MBR is HUGE! Love the reading corner idea-a bench there or 2 comfy chairs would be perfect!
And glad you went w/lighter kitchen cabinets, countertops-I think light is better. :-)
So glad they're keeping w/the deadline so Mommy Emily can get settled in her house b-4 baby comes.

Nene said...

Such a beautiful home! I know you will enjoy all the space. I'll see if I can find you a nice Buddha to go on one of your shelves as a housewarming gift :) Karanena

Anonymous said...

The house is beautiful! And congrats on the baby. Aren't God's plans amazing!

Elizabeth said...

So, here are some un-asked for suggestions: have them install the shower head (assuming you have one in the master) tall enough so Jeff doesn't have to bend over to get wet (Kris has to), Make sure that the pantry has a light (mine doesn't) and if you ask, they usually let you decide the layout of the shelves in the closet and pantry (I made a drawing and even marked the walls, no extra charge)

LOVE the idea of a reading nook! Which one is the baby's room??? I can't wait to help with the curtains! I'll photo some fabric I have to see if it fits. If not, make sure and hit the clearance at Walmart: you can find one dollar a yard nice fabric sometimes: keep looking.

Emily said...

Thanks everyone for your comments! Letisha, thanks for digging up the info for me. You and Laura have been so helpful. I think I've almost decided to go with a midwife who works independently out of a hospital (does water birth). That way our nerves are relieved if something did go wrong, but we still get natural care. Haven't met yet with her, though...who knows, we may not have a good feeling about her!
Karanena, I'll be looking forward to that housewarming gift :) By the way Jeff says it will be a statue of him....he has the body of a god...Buddha that is :)
Katherine, so good to hear from you! Jeff said he added you and some others as friends on facebook...is that how you found me?
Elizabeth, good point about the showerhead...we need to check that. Also the pantry light. The lights in the master closet were pathetic. One 40-watt bulb for the whole thing (it's a walk-in). So we specked out another fixture so that our clothes will match. :) Thanks for the help with curtains. I do frequent Wal-mart for their dollar deals on fabric! I'd love to see what you have. The bedroom closest to us upstairs is the baby room...don't know why I didn't get any pics of it.

Anonymous said...

Wow cool house, we too are looking for a bigger house to accomodate the new one... :) Goodluck with everything