Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Now for something...totally different

Jeff says I can't keep a secret. If you're having a surprise party for your friends, don't tell me about it. I'll give it away somehow without even meaning to.

So I am under no delusion about my ability to keep this one. Maybe you can guess. Maybe you already realize it's something that will make my mother-in-law very happy. Maybe you realize that this is something that will get us a welfare check from my dad. That I am, at heart, just a groupie and had to join in with my two sis-in-laws.

Yes....it's true...the little stripe test doesn't lie...we're going to be parents!!! The last name will be Gray, the first either Smokey or Dull. (ha) The due date is Sept. 6. My third trimester will be spent in my own home, and I don't have to help move!

God has already protected our unborn little one....I was taking antibiotics the week we conceived, but the type I was taking is fine for an unborn baby. We would appreciate your prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy. For my part, this is totally unexpected and un-looked for, though Jeff tells me he has been thinking about kids a lot the past few months. I feel completely unready but I'm praying for grace! And, yes, I'm very excited and a little giddy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for y'all! :) Karanena

rcsnickers said...

SWEET!!! Answer to prayer!! Sounds like the Kannon girls are on a roll! Very excited for both of you! You will be wonderful parents as you have excellent examples in your parents.

You fit thee profile: new job, new house, new baby.

Hoping to join you all soon in the pregnancy state,
Letisha

Elizabeth said...

The troup of lemmings has officially jumped off the cliff: Lang's wife is expecting again too! Thats a whole lot of Dinkins babies...Kris and I are the only couple left at the infertility table...unless Bella counts. :-( Its all good, we'll play with your kids, and when they are bad or stinky, send them back hehehe... Congrats! I'm very happy for you, and this means I'm definitely coming to see you!

and you know, I just had to call Abbie:
Mommy Emiline,
Congratulations you have officially joined the 2007 baby boom. Excited doesn't begin to express how happy we are for you, and that our little ones can be compadres is great. Keep us posted, can't wait to find out if its Lacy or Cordoroy Gray...hehehe
We have always thought you two would make wonderful parents. Its better that you don't feel prepared, its the ones that do that I worry about.
Abbie
PS: Ours on the way is Lacy Camo Strong hehehe

transcribed by Auntie Libba

Laura said...

Of course you know how thrilled I am for you...does this mean you'll be telling the in-laws soon-or have you already?
Love you!
P.S. Did you get your appt. set?

Emily said...

Thanks everyone...to be honest I never had a burning need to be a mom, but God saw fit to make me one apparently! Elizabeth, you can definitely play with Baby and I'll change his diapers when he's stinky (woops, I better learn how to do that). :D I am so totally not a kids and babies person; don't know a thing about them, so it should be interesting!

Elizabeth, thanks so much for transcribing the message from Abbett...that means so much. :) Nice choice of names! Let's go ahead and give our kids a lifelong stigma... :D

Reesh said...

Congratulations!!! I just found your blog on Babes in Blogland. We are due Sept. 7. I'll check in from time to time and see how you're doing!

Cheers,
Reesh