Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day at Tribble Mill Park

When Jeff found the house we're now buying, he liked the neighborhood but didn't know there was an 800-acre park just down the road. It's clean, well-kept and has foot, bike, and equestrian trails. We've been exploring the area around Ozora Lake--about 6 miles of paved trail. The entire park is family and kid-friendly, even has a large, nice area with swings, slides and monkey bars, so our little Gray Monkey can grow up breathing some fresh air!
We went there today and took a few pictures. It was soooo nice to get outside and into nature--can't even explain it. It was a gorgeous, breezy, slightly overcast day, and it helped both of us unwind and get rid of some stress! I'm going to enjoy living within a quarter mile of this wonderful park! (Oh and if you have husbands interested in fishing, the lakes are stocked, so come see us!)

One of the two lakes
















On the trail















Resting spot along the trail
















Jeff loves climbing trees!
















I pretend to...fake smile :)
















Beavers at work!















There were several beautiful horses there while we were there...wish I could have gotten a better picture.

6 comments:

rcsnickers said...

Oh my that is really gorgeous! How sweet that is right near your house! Yeah, We would spend every minute possible exploring the trails. What a great get-away!

Letisha

Elizabeth said...

So, your little Monkey Urvin can play in the woods like we did!!! Love the picture of you on the trail.
Why don't you like to climb? Is it a fear of heights from falling down a waterfall or fear of spiders...hehehe. Its amazing I didn't traumatize you more as a child.
So glad you got some fresh, non-maced air, and you could literally stomp around in the woods hahaha. So, do beavers eat cats? (i'm on a roll)
Kris will definitely want to go to the lake!
By the way, how appropriate the horses you photographed: just the right colors: PP and DD in the flesh. How much fun we'd have on actual trails huh! And on a horse that you wouldn't be able to drag your feet on the ground...
Help Help I'm paralyzed...
Miss you terribly.
Secret Woods Buddy

Nene said...

What a beautiful park! Y'all will enjoy it so much (Be sure to carry your mace, though!! :))

Speaking of horses...what ever happened to Sir, Prince and Duke (did I get their names right??)

Laura said...

Beautiful park Emmie! You're so blessed to have one so close to take your baby too! Yay! I'm sure he/she will love slides and swings! And...guess what??? YOU'RE GLOWING!

Emily said...

I had the thought too...wouldn't it be fun to go riding with Elizabeth! No DD or PP though. We could always ride bikes. Remember the chains that kept coming off? :) And you were always faster than me...wait for me!!
Yep, just scared of heights. I'm worse since marrying Jeff, who has NO fear and does risky things just to get a reaction.
Thanks Laura...I didn't know I was glowing!!

Elizabeth said...

YOU ARE GLOWING! I wasn't going to mention it b/c I think you're always beautiful, and I couldn't phrase it without the moon glow commment coming up...hehehe