Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dreams, Dreams, Dreams

Since I'm sharing all the strange and different things that are happening to me during my Prego journey, I thought I'd share this: never have I had so many weird dreams. They started before I even knew I was expecting, so I don't think they're due to conscious worry.
I gave birth to a Cat. He was furry like Frodo. Everyone was congratulating me and saying, "Aw, he looks just like Jeff." (The beard, maybe?) I didn't want to hurt my spawn's feelings, so didn't say anything at first, but finally burst out, "Does anyone see a problem with this situation? I was expecting a HUMAN." "Oh, you're right, but that's okay, better luck next time, these things happen" (This dream I have an explanation for. One of the cats enjoys giving midnight concerts. She's an alto. Her meows are deep, long, and drawn out. She keeps this up for an hour sometimes. These are the times Frodo does not get punished for attacking another cat.)
One constantly occurring dream is the Old Ancestral Home of Yore dream. Every time it's a different house, but usually it comes without modern bathrooms. We have to live there. They have unpainted boards, leaky roofs, dirty corners, rat poop and not nearly enough space. Hmmm...now where should we put the nursery? In one of them we had to live in the pump house behind our old house in Sumter, with a whole 5 square feet of space (there may be an easy explanation for that one too, hee hee).

7 comments:

rcsnickers said...

Oh how funny! It is amazing the changes that take place during pregnancy... food taste better than good and dreams. When I was pregnant with my first I dreamed that this small creature came out of my belly button and slithered up to my face and kissed or licked it. It was happy and so cute! It gave me such a warm loving feeling. Then he slithered back down and in. Really weird.

Then with my next pregnancies I always dreamed of tornadoes all around and like 5 at a time! I think it was my internal conscious worrying of more things to deal with. You know? Well that is my explanation at least.

Thanks for sharing your fun pregnancy stuff. Glad everything is going well... if nausea can go well. At least you are not vomitting? Oh I did daily from 6-13wks!

Letisha

Emily said...

So the strange dreams are normal!! What a funny dream you had...at least it was not scary! I guess maybe it is that we're subconsciously worried about something. After all, there is a lot to worry about w/ pregnancy if you let yourself. I think the hormones play a role, too, though. Everything's going funky!
I only had one really bad morning where I lost my breakfast...but I had a headache, too, and I think that pushed me over the edge. I just hate the nagging feeling of "going to gag" though! It goes away sometimes during the day but is always back in the morning! I am thankful it's not worse. Can't imagine being that sick every day for 2 months...and I think you said you were sick w/ all your kids? Those children better appreciate their mom :)

Laura said...

Too funny-love the alto singing cat-well, maybe not if I had to listen to him! I've heard about women having crazy dreams during pregnancy, but I don't remember having any...were they that traumatic that I suppressed them?
Anywho, I'm quite certain I didn't have any as funny as yours!
What about the goat barn, Emmie? Now THAT would make a terrific place for a nursery! :-)

Emily said...

Ha...or the Fiddle House! :)

Elizabeth said...

See, now I was thinking of that room we called the canning room: just off the kitchen across the porch: we actually did consider making that into your bedroom at some time: remember! And before you guys moved in it had grafiti all over the wall: we called it the devil worshiper room hehehe. I think that would make the proper nursery. And it was small enough so you'd feel cozy after all the confinement...

Emily said...

I am worried that all the space will drive me crazy...please come visit us, you'll find me curled up in the pantry!
The great thing about that room was it was just off the porch, which had a working water pump, also a slanted floor...great for washing those diapers!

Nene said...

I missed out on the crazy pregnancy dreams...I'm with Laura -perhaps I've suppressed them as well :) I'll just enjoy yours!