Friday, March 16, 2007

Tagged

It took me awhile, but I always intended to answer this meme! Thanks, Laura. :)

1. What is your occupation? Music teacher--guitar and piano

2. What color are your socks right now? No socks! But when I am wearing them they rarely match. Sometimes I wear Jeff's.

3. What are you listening to right now? The washing machine going.

4. What was the last thing that you ate? Raisin bran and grapefruit.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? yes, I was forced to learn when we bought a car with one :)

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? maybe a dark green. When I was a kid, my favorite was Burnt Sienna.

7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? One of my students' parents about cancelling a lesson

8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Who, Supermom? You betcha!

9. How old are you today? 29 years and about 4 months.

10. Favorite drink: Just about anything hot. Cider, tea, coffee.

11. What is your favorite sport to watch? none?

12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, I dyed it darker during grad school but it wasn't that noticeable. Didn't love it.

13. Pets? Yes; a very large cat, Frodo

14. Favorite food? Soup! Or anything salty like chips. Also I'm crazy about banana peppers! And I love Subway...

15. What was the last movie you watched? wow...it's been a while. Oh yeah, Jimmy Stewart in a Alfred Hitchcock movie...Rear Window...very good actually and I don't usually like suspense

16. Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving! I like the food...

17. What do you do to vent anger? Huff and puff. Get quiet. Sometimes write out an angry letter (which I throw away). Of course, what should I be doing? Well, you asked what I DO...

18. What were your favorite toys as a kid? I really liked playing with my brother's G.I. Joes. :D Also Barbies. And I remember a favorite pocketknife. Just a touch of tomboy. :)

19. What is your favorite: I've always said fall, so I'll stick with that, though it's a toss-up between it and spring!

20. Hugs or kisses? hugs; Jeff gives the best

21. Cherry or Blueberry? Cherry! I love cordial cherries and Nyquil (maybe it's the alcohol)

22. Do you want your friends to do this survey too? sure, if they want :)

23. Who is most likely to respond? Karanena? Maybe? Please? :)

24. Who is least likely to respond? Erin, because she is studying, keeping up with two kids, and has twins on the way.

25. Living arrangements? living with in-laws, moving at the end of April to a lovely house.

26. When was the last time you cried? It's been awhile since I bawled, but pregnancy has had me tearing up quite a bit in the last few months, over little things.

27. What is on the floor of your closet? Jeff's big shoes, my smaller shoes, and the collapsible laundry basket.

28. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? I've known Elizabeth all my life...she's been a great friend and cousin and is a wonderful, funny, strong person!

29. What did you do last night? made some lasagna, and while it was baking, Jeff and I went to look at fabric for curtains (he's such a sweetie)

30. Who is your role model? There are many! But I'll just say, my mom. I've grown to appreciate her more the older I get. Her patience and goodwill toward everyone is amazing. I remember being critical of her growing up, but now I see how her spirit shines through and how her training has helped me be kinder and more giving to others! Especially now as I'm about to be a mom myself, I'm beginning to understand a little more all she's done for me.

6 comments:

Nene said...

Emily, thanks for your last comment on my post! You really miss me?? :) I'm a slacker in the blogging department, but I love to read and comment on y'alls posts. I'll try to do better...not too much going on in our little world right now :)

Emily said...

Yes, I miss you!! I keep checking your blog and there are the same cute pictures of Gracie...but nothing new. :( Would love to see pics of your house...the fields near it...or whatever you feel like posting!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for doing this! #30 made me tear up too! I feel the same way about both our moms! We were so critical of them growing up, but what great role models they are now! Your mom is so incredibly loving and generous. You definitely have that as well: what a great mom you're going to be.
Jeff is amazing! Fabric shopping? Did you have to bribe him with the Lasagna? Kris will go, but give me a time limit and usually go to the electronics department or go and sit in the car!
Can't wait to read Karanena's responses. So far, none of us wear socks that often...and none of us were listening to music: I thought you might have been.
Thank you so much for posting this: I've been waiting on you and Keefer

Emily said...

Your mom is definitely an example too...she never complains about her sight and is always so cheerful. We're lucky to have the moms we do!
Funny that we don't wear socks! Also none of us were listening to music. I almost NEVER listen to music...hear it all day, why at home too?
Well...Jeff was kind of interested in the curtains, being a designer, but he did get bored after a while!

Laura said...

Thanks for doing this chickie! Your mom is becoming a real role model for me too.

rcsnickers said...

I have to agree on your Mom being a role model. Anyone who raises 5 children with four being boys, patient, extremely generous and ALWAYS smiling no matter what is a role model to me! Truly a woman's whom the love of God shines through.

Letisha