Monday, March 26, 2007

Baby update

Things are going well, and in just 3 weeks we get to find out the gender. We'll see if my hunch is right that it's a boy, though talking to a friend the other day, she said the fast heartbeat may indicate a girl. (It was 160). Of course, no one knows for sure, but it would be a major shift in thought for me if it were a girl! But I'll be happy either way.

And I am 95% sure I can feel the baby moving! The other day while eating a Sonic Reeses' Blast (insane amount of crushed Reese's in there...it is almost criminal) I felt about 7-8 little "pops" in the same exact spot. It didn't really feel like tummy rumbles, because it was in the same spot and very quick, like a machine gun. I kept feeling that every time I took a few more bites. I told Jeff and his first thought was, "oh no...our baby's inherited my sweet tooth!"

This really is the feel-good trimester. Sometimes I even forget I'm pregnant. No cravings, no sickness. Jeff has to remind me not to carry groceries or other heavy things (I'm sure it's fine but he gets paranoid).

The time is starting to come that I'm glad I have a few things in my closet that 1) were once too big and 2) have elastic waists. I have 3 skirts left that fit that I can rotate for church and teaching. I bought some Tall Old Navy jeans on ebay, and got them in yesterday (Laura...they fit...my savings of $7 was worth it! :D ) I've still been wearing my regular jeans, though, but after getting my new ones, Jeff told me I need to stop wearing the others. He's afraid I'll give the baby a conehead and keeps reminding me to unbutton my jeans when I'm sitting in the car. I'm just glad there are tall pregnancy clothes out there. Talking with a tall friend, she said just two years ago when she was pregnant she could find nothing, even checking internationally on the web.

The house will be done two weeks early! We saw how fast they were progressing, and Jeff went to talk to the realtor to say he's fine with moving up the closing date if they finish early. April 18th was their conservative estimate so they might actually be done sooner. The carpet is in, lights, lots of other little details...Jeff and I made carpet angels in the loft and tested the soundproof-ness of the music room.

Pics






























And a belly shot at 4 months.

11 comments:

Laura said...

You are so tiny, chick. That pic of you at 4 months looks like me at 2-seriously. I have the pic to prove it. :-) See your height is good for lots of things!

So glad the jeans fit! And that your house will be ready sooner.

I bet that was the baby you felt-"he" probably got a sugar rush and was doing flips to prove it. :-) And you know, Ella's heartbeat was always 160's the entire pregnancy. So for us, that old wives' tale proved true. Guess you'll just have to wait and see....and call me when you find out, please!!!!

Love you and will miss reading your posts, ever so much!

Unknown said...

Wow. I sound like a paranoid.

I am not! I am not!Iamnot!Iamnot!WhotoldyouIwas?!Whyiseveryonepickingonme?!

Nene said...

I agree with Laura...you are tiny! And I, also, looked like you do right now at 2 months and have the pictures to prove it! I was huge by the time 9 months rolled around. (or maybe that was me rolling around...) Anyway, can't wait to hear whether it's a girl or boy! Keep us posted.

Elizabeth said...

You look fantastic!!! Skinny, tall and gorgeous, not fair! I always thought clothes that didn't fit were punishment for your modelesk looks??No?
Your house is almost done!!!! I am so thankful for you! I seriously can't imagine the patience you have learned. So proud of you! Less than a month to move in? Wow! Thats almost as long as my house has been on the market...you can do it!!
So glad you're feeling better. Happy Happy Happy!!! Love you!

Emily said...

Sorry Sweetie :) I think it's sweet that you care so much. Just braggin' on what an involved dad you are already. :D

Emily said...

Laura...I'll call you for sure when we find out next month. :) I'll miss you very much online too.

Everyone...see, the thing is, I want to show more! I'm finally to the point where a very few people are asking me tentatively, "you're not expecting, are you?" And several are asking, "so how are you feeling...any morning sickness?" I'll probably be ready to pop by the time everyone starts to notice! :D

rcsnickers said...

You do look great! I bet you will be in your old clothes right after birth as well! Oh to have your genes and metabolism. I gained weight just reading about the Reese's Sonic shake. Sounds delicious!

Cool that your house will ready early. LOVE the banister especially the scroll in the wrought iron. Very nice!

Oh yeah my pick for your baby: boy

Letisha

Emily said...

You all are so sweet--I want to say how much I appreciate your kind comments and interest always! :) It's hard to believe we'll be moving in 3 weeks. We've learned a lot while waiting.

I guess the height does help hide Rice Baby, but honestly I think the pregnant shape is cute and wish I showed a little more. All in good time!Letisha...you crack me up :) You look great, especially considering how many kids you've had!
Glad you like the wrought iron. Left to myself I'd buy up every piece I can find. I love the wrought iron wall decorations & wrought iron candlesticks. I wanted a wrought iron bed, too, but decided it was a little much. :)

rcsnickers said...

Are you getting ready tomove in soon?

Hope everything is going well.

Letisha

Emily said...

We're moving April 18th...so a little under two weeks away. :) Very excited. :)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous house and what a cute tummy! Hey - we mailed a letter to your new address since that was the address on your last letter. Hope it got to you!!