Sunday, September 09, 2007

Come on, kid.

Benjamin's taking his sweet time, which everyone tells me is normal for a first baby. I'm only three days late, but it doesn't take long to start thinking "what if I have two more weeks of this??" Sitting in church today was very uncomfortable. I didn't play for the church choir...since this was probably my last Sunday for a while, I was looking forward to sitting with Jeff. But I'd forgotten how hard it is now to sit still for any length of time. Benjamin's legs were pushing on my ribs and I really wanted to stand up or stretch out on a couch.

I went to a shower for Andrea Barnard, a grad school friend, two days after my due date. That made me feel better. If you're overdue and feeling decent, get out and do things. I was driving myself crazy just sitting around the house waiting for something to happen!

I'm actually kind of thankful that I have to teach tomorrow...it will keep my mind occupied. I am praying that Benjamin will not be later than the 15th. My mom really wants to come up to Greenville shortly after the birth, and my aunt will be gone the 16th & unable to relieve her from taking care of my grandma. However, this too is in God's hands...He knows best. And in any case, I am thankful for the miracle that's about to happen, whenever it happens. :)

5 comments:

rcsnickers said...

oh the day you least expect it is the day he will come.....

That is my tip of advice....

Glad you were able to go the shower for your friend. Do get out because once the baby comes it is different going out, at first. After awhile you will feel like a pro and can multi-task everything!

Letisha

Anonymous said...

Go out and take a huge hike or something. This baby needs to come before next Monday!!!! Or else!

Love you,
Alison

Mom25Munchkins said...

I see a lot of pregnant ladies walking at the zoo!:)
Seriously, the thing that kept me from going insane was to keep going out, doing things, seeing friends, etc.:)
Soon...

Erin said...

Go back and read your Henci Goer book... average pregnancy for first time moms is more like 41 wk. Hehe. I've gone to 41 weeks, and it's not fun, but hey, he's gotta come out eventually! =)

Emily said...

Tomorrow will be 41 weeks. My parents are coming to Greenville tomorrow to see me....they figured they'll come see me before Aunt Mattie leaves, baby or not.
I'll stay in Greenville after my appointment Thursday morning. I could head back here, but I'm done with my teaching week, and Jeff's working from home, so there's no real point to driving back.
Amy's booked all day tomorrow, so I'm rooting for Friday...or Saturday. Please!!!