Thursday, September 06, 2007

Due date come and gone

Today was the big day, but nothing yet! At my appointment they told me the baby had descended, so at least things are on track.

We're all packed and ready....when we went to Greenville last Monday we brought the suitcase along, just in case. :)

I'm still feeling pretty good, though having trouble sleeping. I must have waked up 6 or 7 times, either too hot, or getting up to go to the bathroom, or rearranging pillows to try to get comfortable. Someone told me this is nature's way of getting you ready for nights with a newborn!

Since he has to drive an hour and a half to work, Turner is allowing Jeff to work from home until I deliver. That is a real blessing, since this way we will be able to leave right away when we need to.

Any day now...

3 comments:

rcsnickers said...

Glad you are feeling as great as a mom about to have a baby can feel! That is terrific that Jeff can work from home. Will pray for patience and safe delivery. I know 10 days late can seem like a long time, but you will have the baby when it is time! (speaking from experience on the 10 days late for several of my babies!!!)

Letisha

Laura said...

yay-Benji is in position. That's great....can't wait to get the call saying you're on your way to G'ville. We're praying for it to happen in the next few days of course for your sake and for your Mom. She so wants to be there w/you. I think Aunt Mattie leaves next Sunday (16th) to go back to Washington.

And how great that Jeffrey can work from home now. He really does have a super company, huh?

sorry you're having trouble sleeping-at least yours just came at the very end. hopefully, in a few more nights, you'll have Benjamin right beside you-and of course, be waking up every few minutes to make sure he's okay and that his little tummy is still rising and falling. :-)

praying for you,and lots of love to all 3 of you!

Emily said...

Thanks for your prayers and the encouragement! I do hope he's not too late so things can work out with my mom. I think when it actually starts, I'll be so relieved and excited...