Saturday, September 15, 2007

thoughts


Just wondering if anyone else remembers experiencing this. For the last week or so I've had strong Braxton Hicks after dinner. I get excited thinking "maybe tonight" but they go away once I lie down, and by morning not a trace!

Thinking we'd have a baby by now Jeff and I didn't pack any Sunday clothes. Maybe we'll spend the morning praying for Benjamin and the upcoming birth and just enjoying some quiet time together. With all my impatience, I realize we're going to miss being just us soon. It will be harder to make time to just talk or pray together.

It is comforting to know God's been control of when we conceived, Benjamin's health and growth, and everything else from the beginning of this pregnancy. I'm trying not to be a control freak and obsess about which day He's chosen us to become parents.

I said goodbye to my parents tonight...they leave first thing in the morning. I'm sorry they didn't get to meet the baby but maybe it's just as well, as they'd just have had a lot of nerve-wracking waiting to do if I had gone into labor and not much to do to help.

I hope to be able to post some news soon. :)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so proud of you for your godly attitude. You go girl! Most women have tried the casteroil and jeep rides, etc by this point. I'll be praying with you two this morning. Love you!
Lizard

Elizabeth said...

Found this scripture this AM thought of you: great is His faithfulness, keep waiting on Him. Love you little cuz.

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.

I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.

Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD. (Lamentations 3:19-26)

Erin said...

Before Grace was born, I'd have BH contrax for hours, every 2-3 min for about a week before she was born. I'd get so excited laying in bed timing them and finally fall asleep exhausted at 2am. Wake up in the morning. Still pregnant. Think of it as your body warming up and those BH contrax slowly softening and opening the cervix... less icky more painful contrax during labor to do that first bit of dilation this way.

I am so proud of you for sticking to what you want and not compromising. You will have an amazing birth. God's hand has been in this from the beginning.

Much Love, Erin

Emily said...

Thanks so much for the verses and the encouragement. :) I think the only reason I'm not climbing the walls is we've been getting out a lot and seeing family. Still, it's a huge disappointment every morning I wake up still pregnant!!

Laura said...

I hope you were able to spend that quiet time w/Jeffrey Sunday. Glad God's helping you wait on Him-I know it has to be so hard.
Praying for you, sweetie.