Friday, September 21, 2007

Finally some progress!

I was totally prepared to list my reasons against induction and have a serious of talk about things, but it ended up being much easier than I thought. Before I had to say a word the doctor that works with my midwife told us that, looking at my charts and considering everything, she thought it best to wait. The check showed 2 cms. dilated and the baby's head much farther down. She did strip my membranes (didn't hurt like I thought it would) and I got some "show" afterward...a good indication. The arrhythmia didn't show up today in the non-stress-test, and everything is looking really good. And the headache I've had for the last few days is almost gone (after I got some caffeine in my system from Port City Java.)
So it's looking like we'll have a baby pretty soon! I'm supposed to do some walking and see what happens. It's good news that, just two days ago, I was less than a cm. and now I'm at 2. Also I'm having more contractions this morning than I've had all week. They don't hurt yet, but seem more regular.
Honestly my worst fears were 1) having to decide about induction and 2) getting the prospect of waiting another whole week! I'm relieved that it looks like neither of those is going to happen.
Thank you so much for your prayers up to now.

3 comments:

rcsnickers said...

Good ... hopefully the Lord will give you a quicker labor since you have been so patient in the waiting process. Glad to hear your midwife and the other lady are letting you wait and you did not have to fight for your stand.

Have fun walking... it sure is nice weather today!

Letisha

Laura said...

It was good talking w/you today. Forgot to tell you that I had a dream about you last night-Jeff called and I thought it was to tell us you were in labor but he was telling us Benjamin was already here and your labor lasted only 6 hours! Hopefully it will come true soon!
Love you!

Emily said...

6 hours would be nice! :) I'm having contractions 5-6 minutes apart but they don't seem to be getting longer or stronger. I'm going to bed now...